Personalities Home Page
Designing and programming with Personalities is an evolutionary step towards a more complete object-oriented design methodology. Personalities introduce some concepts of their own, but their main focus is, by-and-large, to use the programming-level tools already available to enhance a system's robustness. In some detail, Personalities:
A simple language extension to the Java™ Programming Language, termed Personalities/J, was created to support Personalities. The accompanying compiler into standard Java code was developed and is being improved iteratively. Adaptive Object Oriented Programming and Demeter/Java were used to create the compiler.
This page contains information about Personalities' research, the Personalities/J Compiler implementation, and links to related research activities. If you find the idea of personalities appealing and the PJC compiler useful, we would like to hear from you.
- Complete example of modeling a system with Personalities
- Personalities pattern (using GoF nomenclature)
- Designing and programming with personalities. The full thesis.
- Animated presentation about personalities' concepts
- Micro-frameworks and Personalities: position paper at OOPSLA '98
- Modeling Behavior with Personalities. SEKE'99 paper.
- The Personalities/J Compiler project description
- Downloading the Personalities/J Compiler